They are PLENTY of reasons to pray the rosary but perhaps the most compelling are those given us to by the Blessed Mother herself. Our Lady revealed the following fifteen promises to St. Dominic when she first gave this saint and us the rosary in the year 1208.
Today, more than ever, we need hope and consolation. In world and a Church that is seeing so much division we should take up the rosary as a sure-fire way to bring peace and tranquility to our broken world. Our Lady desires for us to have that peace. The following promises should be taken as inspiration for praying the Rosary and obtaining the peace she desires for each of us.
1) Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the rosary, shall receive signal graces.
2) I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the rosary.
3) The rosary shall be a powerful armor against hell, it will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies.
4) It will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the heart of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire of eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.
5) The soul which recommends itself to me by the recitation of the rosary shall not perish.
6) Whoever shall recite the rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its sacred mysteries, shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be just he shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy of eternal life.
7) Whoever shall have a true devotion for the rosary shall not die without the sacraments of the Church.
8) Those who are faithful to recite the rosary shall have, during their life and at their death, the light of God and the plenitude of His graces; at the moment of death they shall participate in the merits of the saints in paradise.
9) I shall deliver from purgatory those who have been devoted to the rosary.
10) The faithful children of the rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in heaven.
11) You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the rosary.
12) All those who propagate the holy rosary shall be aided by me in their necessities.
13) I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the advocates of the rosary shall have for intercessors the entire celestial court during their life and at the hour of death.
14) All who recite the rosary are my sons, and brothers of my only son Jesus Christ.
15) Devotion of my rosary is a great sign of predestination.